mardi, décembre 04, 2007

TIMOTHY LEARY, Turn on, tune in, drop out (1967, spoken psych ambient)


Extraordinary "psych spoken words" by drug guru(?) TIMOTHY LEARY. Those who like THROBBING GRISTLE's Genesis P. Orridge may consider LEARY his ancestor - some of his most ambient / spoken albums sound almost the same!
I don't like spoken words : belive me, there is much in "Turn on...", with magic sounds from beyond, beautiful voices, wonderful textures and noises, and even a few melodies.
Discovered through a psychic blog (I don't remember which one - see in "best links" - it's my turn to share it now. "I'm drowning, I'm drowning!". Brrrrgh.....
Find it on Rapidshare or on MassMirror.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

rapidshare links are more or less dead in the Uk.

it's down about 90% of the time

mahood a dit…

Ok, it's on MassMirror now.
But : why are they dead in the Uk?

Anonyme a dit…

.. a relic for sure, but your description sounds interesting, a little like sergius golowin or walter wegmuller's cosmiche perhaps? thanks buster! harkin

Nightlight a dit…

If it's the one I think, I'm looking for it for about ten years, when a friend played it to me on CD...
Thanx a lot man.

GreGreG a dit…

beurk, les liens ne marchent plus