dimanche, août 02, 2009

ALAN LAMB, Primal Image + Night Passage (1995, drone))



So I'm back, probably not with the funniest music. First : with some drones I like.

Honestly, I'm not sure how ALAN LAMB have recorded those dark electric drones, it seems he has captured the sound of electric wires...
But it doesn't matter : the results consist in 2 great drone recordings, that one could compare to NURSE WITH WOUND's "Soliloquy for Lilith" with more tension.

Here is Primal Image, and here is Night Passage (at 192kbps).

22 commentaires:

Iron Toad a dit…

Thanks! But unfortunately it's one same link twice;)

Anonyme a dit…

Thanks much for this.
However, I'm missing the last 3 1/2 minutes of "Meditation On SPring 8". Winrar says the file is corrupt. Had to use another program to extact it in spite of the missing minutes.

genemesis a dit…

certains disent qu'il y a y un problème, je vais voir.
En tout cas, merci beaucoup, j'adore Alan Lamb.

Anonyme a dit…

Hello, and thanks for the Primal Image. Love Alan Lamb's work. I don't know much about him either, except that most of his recordings are field recordings of a small piece of property he bought in the Australian outback which are covered by the power line towers you see on the cover of Primal Image, and the sounds are the sounds of the ferocious wind vibrating the wires and creating those otherworldly hums. Fantastic stuff! Imagine being there and hearing those sounds!
Anyway, enough from me. Thanks again for the link. Bob

SERPENTINA SATELITE a dit…

greetz everyone, if you are interested in space and krautrock, you should definetely check out SERPENTINA SATELITE

www.myspace.com/serpentinasatelite

Anonyme a dit…

Hello guys,

we are the minervapop@blogspot.com from Brazil..

Your Blog is Great...and we would like to invite you to vivit our Blog Minerva Pop...

Greatings,

Anselmo

TimeSnow a dit…

hey,

very cool blog!

I have ALL MAIN stuff on CD and vinyl, I love Basinski and CAN, but have no idea where I should go next...

is anything as good as HZ? If so, what?

Thanks -- your fan,
Chris

cobrien.london AAATTTT gmaildotcom

Anonyme a dit…

Nac/Hut Report has not died for delirium.

JoaoPQ a dit…

wow, two great albums. and yes, I think it's comparable to Soliloquy For Lilith. Still, I prefer Soliloquy For Lilith, NWW's drone masterpiece, yeah.

I also post some c93, coil, death in june and some other artists on my blog. dunno, if you 'll like it:
www.serotoninsound.blogspot.com

Anonyme a dit…

thanks

Anonyme a dit…

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Alex B a dit…

Night Passage is great, an experience that f*** our conception of music, good taste and a lot of things. Unpleasant and marvelous!

Alex B a dit…

Night Passage is great, an experience that f*** our conception of music, good taste and a lot of things. Unpleasant and marvelous!

Anonyme a dit…

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

evil scientist a dit…

By the way, if you are interested in Alan Lamb's creative methods, he wrote a short article about them. It can be found here:
http://www.sounddesign.unimelb.edu.au/web/biogs/P000277b.htm

Thanks for "Primal Image", I only had "Night Passage"!

Make Me Dead a dit…

this is even better:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jgnej4jwntx

Organiz Millwork Toronto a dit…

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.

Massage Bed Toronto a dit…

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.

Residential Solar Energy GTA a dit…

Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.

Kids Party GTA a dit…

The post is handsomely written. I have bookmarked you for keeping abreast with your new posts.

Animal Hospital Mississauga a dit…

It is a pleasure going through your post. I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff from your side.

spa toronto a dit…

A very well-written post. I read and liked the post and have also bookmarked you. All the best for future endeavors